Raise the roof (but make it cool, please)
October 4, 2012 7:44 PM Subscribe
My 10' by 10' bedroom has HUGE 14ft ceilings. Most of my floor space is taken up by my queen-sized bed. What interesting things can I do with the extra head space?
posted by Blandanomics to Home & Garden (15 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
I cant afford to get a custom made loft bed frame for a bed as large as a queen, so what else can I do? I'm all for hanging stuff, weird lighting ideas, pulley systems, large artwork - anything that will either add to the practicality of the space or will make people say "wow." I'm pretty handy, have access to basic tools, and am willing to spend up to $500 to make/buy something really cool.
I'm a mid-twenties male in NYC, if it helps.
- Anything involving the storage of books or clothes would be neat.
- Also in the room: one large window, a closet, and a sealed off fireplace with a mantel that I can't move.
- Hardwood floors
- Half of one wall is exposed brick
- I have a single overhead light fixture
- There are 4 outlets in this room. Access to power shouldn't be an issue.
Any ideas? Is there anything you wish you would have done with higher ceilings? The crazier, the better.