Is it ironic?
October 3, 2012 4:18 PM Subscribe
Irony is difficult to understand, and it's driving me nuts. Please tell me which of the following situations is ironic (and why):
posted by KChasm to Writing & Language (19 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
1. A serial killer is himself the victim of another serial killer.
2. Someone whose family was killed by a serial killer himself becomes a serial killer.
3. A kidnapper is kidnapped.
4. A kidnappee joins his kidnapper in kidnapping others.
5. An outlaw, through whatever circumstances, ends up helping uphold the law.
6. A lawman, though initially sincere in his efforts to uphold the law, eventually ends up a criminal.
7. A man who uses people and throws them away when he no longer needs them finds himself on the opposite end of this sort of relationship.
8. A man who is used and thrown away by another party eventually becomes the sort of person who would use and throw away others.