These boots were made for looking awesome
October 2, 2012 8:17 AM Subscribe
Help me find edgy, yet simple, high-quality boots for this upcoming Boston winter!
posted by carmel to clothing, beauty, & fashion (17 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite
I'm super picky about shoes, and always have trouble finding ones that I like. I'd like to find the perfect pair of boots for this winter. The requirements are as follows:
- High Quality: I want them to be comfortable and well made so that they will last me a few winters. If I know they're good quality I'm willing to spend up to $200.
- Edgy: I'm trying to shift my wardrobe to be a bit more edgy, stuff along the lines of rockabilly and/or vintage (stuff you see on Modcloth these days). BUT the boots should also be relaxed enough that I can wear them to work (laid-back software company).
- Preferably ankle height
- Preferable no heel, or a very small one.
- I have a super wide calf, so they must accommodate that (hence I prefer the ankle height).
- Not a huge fun of all the "extras" they put on boots like five hundred buckles and straps.
I have looked at Ecco, Campers, Clarks and nothing jumps out at me. I looked at Zappos, I have looked through the boots section on Modcloth and other websites but there's just a lot of stuff on there and I don't know the quality, plus a lot of it just isn't my style - I'm not super girly. The Modcloth boots section was sort of going in the right direction but a lot of it looks cheap and has too many "extras" on the boots. I guess I'd prefer something more clean and simple, yet edgy. Does that even exist?
Please throw your suggestions my way!