Can you suggest some books for an Ebola leisure reader?
August 29, 2012 4:02 PM Subscribe
Can you help me expand my “popular epidemiology” book collection by recommending books that are similar to The Coming Plague by Laurie Garrett
and the following titles?
posted by pupus to Science & Nature (24 answers total) 64 users marked this as a favorite
- Level 4: Virus Hunters of the CDC by Joseph McCormick and Susan Fisher-Hoch
- Virus Hunter: Thirty Years of Battling Hot Viruses Around the World by C. J. Peters and Mark Olshaker
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
- Ebola, Culture and Politics: The Anthropology of an Emerging Disease
- Deadly Feasts: The Prion Controversy and the Public's Health by Richard Rhodes
I’ve also read pretty much every nonacademic book written about historical Small Pox, Small Pox eradication, and “The Plague”.
I am particularly interested in viral hemorrhagic fevers, prions, the early days of HIV/AIDs research in Africa, and epidemiology in developing countries.