One-person freezer meals?
August 28, 2012 2:26 PM Subscribe
Teach me how to make, freeze, and reheat meals for one person quickly, cheaply, and easily...
posted by meesha to food & drink (18 answers total) 70 users marked this as a favorite
I'm starting a new job that requires me to stay on-site for 12 hours, which means I'll be eating at least 2 meals a day there. I'd like to learn how to make cheap and easy meals that I can quickly thaw and eat.
- I am not good at cooking. I'm willing to learn, but some things are well beyond my skill set.
- I have a limited time in which to thaw and eat my meals. I've googled Once-A-Month-Cooking, but most of the portions are too big or take too long to serve.
- Meals need to be reheatable in the microwave, since I might not always have access to an oven.
- I am trying to cut down on carbs and red meat. I am not in an area where organic produce is readily available.
- Also, I'd like to do this as cheaply as possible.
I'm really not sure how to get started on this, so any advice or links are appreciated!