Got any futuristic exploration or research concept websites?

I'm looking for "what-if" websites that combine words, imagery, and other media to project cool science or exploration concepts onto the web. Two examples I have are here and here although I'm open to more than just Mars exploration stuff.

Hoping for: 3D-modeled imagery, pragmatic optimism. Knobby wheels or wide treads a plus. :-) Thanks!
posted by circular to Science & Nature (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Here is an old metafilter post with my collection of 3D Bioanimation movies modeling concepts in molecular biology in really pretty and accessible ways, as well as a newer follow up. In particular check out, Inner life of the cell, Drew Barry's work, and Powering the Cell: Mitochondria but there is so much really beautiful work out there.
posted by Blasdelb at 11:13 PM on August 26, 2012

Thanks, Blasdelb.
posted by circular at 8:22 PM on August 27, 2012

« Older Where is the best place to vie...   |  What's your favorite NON-hit t... Newer »