Adventures of the lazy cook
August 19, 2012 9:33 AM Subscribe
Vegetarian cooking on the quick, in advance
posted by titantoppler to Food & Drink (12 answers total) 38 users marked this as a favorite
So with the new semester starting soon (and with early morning lessons everyday) I'm in need of recipes that I can make in advance during the weekend and freeze/reheat as needed.
1) Vegetarian (I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so eggs and dairy products are fine)
2) Easy to make (I'm a fairly ok cook, I think, but nothing that requires fancy-schmancy skills)
3) Easy to reheat (think throw-into-a-microwave kind of easy)
4) Transportation (I'm thinking maybe no liquids, although if there is some kick-ass soup I may just consider getting a thermos)
5) Can be eaten cold (this is mainly for lunch, and in between getting out of the house in the morning and lunch I won't have a chance to heat it up)
6) No strong smells (I might be eating this in class, so nothing that smells strongly, e.g. strong smelling cheese)
7) Filling, yet protein-rich and healthy (it has to last me till dinner!)
Your assistance is much appreciated!