Firefox spell check -- How to default to English (United States)?
August 6, 2012 1:01 PM Subscribe
Why is the spell checker in Firefox defaulting to Dutch, and how can I make it stop?
posted by dhens to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
For the past few weeks, every time I open Firefox, the spell checker defaults to Dutch, so I have to change the language to English (United States), the language which I use by far the most often. This is happening on both my home PC and my laptop, which have more or less identical Firefox set-ups (my PC is Win 7 64-bit and my laptop is Win 7 32-bit).
I have the en-US version of Firefox with Dutch and French dictionaries added on, so the right-click (context) menu for "Languages" in Firefox looks like this:
English (United States)
under "about:config" the "spellchecker.dictionary" value is set to "en-US".
I am using Firefox 14.0.1. I have the following extensions installed:
- Adblock Plus 2.0.3
- CheckBoxMate Lefedor Edition 0.47
- Context Search 0.4.6
- Dictionnaire français «Classique & Réforme 1990» 4.3
- Download YouTube Videos as MP4 and FLV 1.4.3
- DownThemAll! 2.0.13
- Extension List Dumper 1.15.2
- Ghostery 2.7.2
- Google Search by Image 0.1
- HTTPS-Everywhere 2.1
- IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+) 126.96.36.199
- Multiple Tab Handler 0.7.2012020901
- Old Default Image Style 2.1
- OptimizeGoogle 0.79.1
- Stop Autoplay 1.2.1
- TubeStop 4
- Woordenboek Nederlands 3.1.0
- Zotero 3.0.7