Help Support My Boobs! Um, With Your Advice, That Is.
August 1, 2012 10:54 AM Subscribe
I need the Uma-Thurman-in-"Kill-Bill" of bras: pretty yet nigh-unto indestructable.
posted by julthumbscrew to clothing, beauty, & fashion (39 answers total) 44 users marked this as a favorite
- I know I'm supposed to hand-wash my bras in saponified unicorn tears and dry them under a double rainbow. This ain't happening. I WILL wear them to death before tossing them in the washer sans lingerie bag.
- Therefore, lacy/delicate bras are OUT. Even if I DID take care of them (which I won't), I'm klutzy and always manage to rip the lace within a week.
- However! While I do love sports bras, I can't wear them ALL THE TIME - they're veeeeeeery unflattering both with and without a shirt.
- What I'd like: a pretty (maybe even moderately sexy) bra that's ALSO bombproof. No lace/sequins/Swarovski crystals. Nothing which can rip, fray, stretch out, melt, etc. ... but that ALSO doesn't smoosh everything into a mono-boob or encase it in beige ugliness.
- Complicating factors: I'm solidly built. I wear a US women's XL t-shirt. My bra size is a 34/36DD. This means that many "cute" athletic bras (i.e. Title 9 and Lululemon) are a no-go: they don't come in my size. This ALSO means that anything without serious support is a no-go (no "shelf bras" or "sleep bras").
- Price is not a huge concern. I go through so many bras now that I'd be willing to shell out for one that would last.
- I'm willing to order online and/or visit any store in the Philly/NYC/DC areas.