Recommend a good, cheap, platform-style bed frame
July 7, 2012 11:19 AM Subscribe
Help me find the right platform bed frame! I want something cheap and of reasonable quality, for a queen-sized mattress. This shouldn't be this hard, but BED SHOPPING IS OVERWHELMING! Please help.
posted by aka burlap to Shopping (13 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for recommendations for queen-sized bed frames. I want a platform rather than a metal frame+box spring set-up, because queen sized box springs won't fit up the stairs in my house.
But which platform frame to get? I've heard both good and bad reviews of models from Ikea and Target. Can you recommend (or recommend against) any specific platform frames?
- Not too expensive; ideally under $200
- No headboard or footboard
- Needs to be fairly easy to assemble and dis-assemble. If a box spring won't fit up or down the stairs I'm assuming a fully-assembled platform bed frame won't either.
- Ideally off the ground and has a foot or more of storage space underneath.
- Style-wise, simpler is better.
Extra credit: if you happen to have an especially enthusiastic mattress recommendation, I'll take those as well (I prefer firmer mattresses). But mostly I'm trying to figure out the frame question first.
There are some old AskMe questions about this, but I'd like more recent recommendations. Thanks!