Searching for the perfect summer shoe/sandal. Stringent requirements after the jump.
* comfort - a podiatrist would be okay with it
* I can't wear narrow shoes
* can be used for semi-formal occasions/not exercise-shoe-looking
* a low heel, if any
* weather-proof, either like a rain boot (keeps the rain out) or like plastic sandals (doesn't absorb water) /quick dry
* breathable - planning to bring these to several-month trip to Rwanda
* durability - I walk a few miles everyday, often run to catch the bus, and I want these shoes to last for at least a couple of years. I'm ok with either sandals or shoes, but I'm wary of the durability of sandals.
* and for sandals, I want a strap formation that secures both the front and back of my foot so it doesn't easily slip out, so no simple V thong
* soles that don't wear down - My two previous shoes were classic Crocs and Native Shoes
, which were perfect up until the soles started wearing down since both of them were made of a similar rubber/plastic material.
* on Zappos
* easy to put on - slip-on or velcro straps
* none/very little branding
I've been looking at Keen La Paz Wrap
, but I'm worried about how durable the straps are and whether the sole will eventually wear down.
Price is not an issue, but I don't want to pay a premium just for a brand.