Like many people, I've been inspired by discussions of the dangers of sitting
to consider re-jiggering my workspace. (I also read Stephenson's Reamde
last week, which is admittedly fiction but jives with the admittedly only-anecdotal account of James Hill
.) However, it looks like an expensive and generally difficult change to make, and I already have a very nice (seated) setup.
I'm looking for folks with experience
of treadmill desks to help me consider the pros and cons.
1. Can I kludge this together or do I need a top line desk/treadmill to make it workable? (I've heard vibration and general unsteadiness of DIY/budget hardware may make it impossible to work.)
2. Does the treadmill make sustained attention difficult or does it make it easier to stay on task?
3. Did you lose weight? How much? Have you kept it off?
4. Did you make other changes at the same time that might have contributed to the benefits?
5. How long did it take you to get used to the new setup and able to work a full day walking?