Beauty products, tips and tricks for the perpetually fatigued?
June 30, 2012 12:42 PM Subscribe
I want to hear about all your amazing beauty products, tips and tricks that camouflage or minimise the appearance of fatigue in the wearer's/user's face. Help a sufferer of a chronic condition avoid questions about tiredness when they're so tired they already want to lie down under the table!
posted by thetarium to clothing, beauty, & fashion (37 answers total) 75 users marked this as a favorite
I'm in my mid-twenties and suffer from fibroymyalgia, which in essence is a combination of chronic pain and chronic fatigue. I work out, eat healthily, drink a lot of water and am managing my condition as best as I can, including doing many of the recommended things to fight fatigue. But, due to the nature of my condition, this fatigue is likely never going to completely go away and it shows in my face.
I love beauty products, moisturise religiously and adore finding that perfect product that solves X issue. I wear make-up when I'm out of the house normally to camouflage my tiredness and also because I just like to. Please recommend me the best beauty products, tips, tricks to minimise the effects of fatigue shown on my face. Mostly so I can feel that I can look pulled together and on it when I'm out, and not have to suffer through any more "oh my, you look so tired, you should get more sleep" conversations which are very depressing - no amount of sleep helps, that's the point.
I'm in a position to spend a fair chunk of cash on products in the next few months, so help me spend my money wisely. If a product works, I'm willing to spend a decent amount. Also, I'm in the UK so availability here or online to ship to me is important.
Additional info and details:
- I tend to go for a glam look. Basics for me = foundation, cat's eye 1950s liquid eyeliner, blusher, under eye concealer, false lash effect black mascara. If I'm feeling extra special, I use highlighting cream/powder. So no need to limit yourself to "dewy natural" stuff - I want that, plus the glam stuff on top!
- I have very pale skin and dark hair, eyes.
- My skin tone can be fairly uneven, hence I, at a minimum, want some form of colour coverage.
- My under eye circles are epic: ANYTHING you can suggest to help would be great.
- Products need to have staying power - e.g. I no longer wear kohl eyeliners as they move too much on my face and I look like I got punched.
Thank you in advance for any and all help! :)