Wanted: Bike Routes in New England that meet specific criteria.
June 25, 2012 8:09 AM Subscribe
Please suggest bike routes in New England that meet some specific criteria. We took our son on a section of the East Bay Bike Path near Providence for his first bike ride last week and he loved it. He sits in an iBert on Mom's bike. We are looking for similar routes. In looking for similar I articulate what specifically I think is good about this path for us in the extended explanation. We can ride weekdays in addition to weekends. Thanks.
- Accessible by car / parking near to the path
- Up to 60 minute drive from Providence, RI
- Paved bicycle path -- the wider the better
- Painted lanes
- Relatively flat; no steep hills
- In sections or simply offering easy ways to turn back; his travel stamina is still short.
- Beautiful scenery
- Not too crowded
- Lunch/picnic places relatively near the route