Beauty between the sheets
June 24, 2012 3:47 PM Subscribe
I love writing letters to people - handwritten, with a fountain pen. Help me find a good paper for this purpose.
posted by gmb to media & arts (7 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
I'd love to find writing paper for what a friend and I are jokingly calling "a great correspondence". I usually use the Basildon Bond stuff you can buy at WH Smith here in the UK, but I'd like something more special.
- It should be a decent weight - at least 90gsm
- Nice, smooth surface for the fountain pen
- Acid free (can you get the paper you get in plain Moleskines anywhere as a writing pad?)
- Ideally A4 or similar
- Ideally there should be envelopes to match.
- Needs to be easily available in the UK, though I'm not above importing if necessary.
Suggestions welcome, hive mind.