I'm looking for mac and/or web software that will make it easy for me to track the tasks I need to do.
June 15, 2012 3:11 PM Subscribe
I need the world's simplest time management/task management software for the Mac and/or web. Ideally free/open or cheap.
posted by Deathalicious to Work & Money (6 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
Features it must have:
- Ability to add deadlines & have notifications/alerts as deadlines are nearing
- Ability to add priority
- Ability to add tasks without necessarily needing to enter a date/time
- Dashboard-type display that lists all outstanding tasks
- Ability to add sub-tasks
- Full control via keyboard (i.e., don't make have to click on button or right click to create a record)
- Intelligent sorting (items ending soon, items with high priority, etc)
- Calendar-type view so I can see all my tasks at a glance
Features it must not have:
- Complex hierarchy, or the need to create a project or category for each task
- Anything GANTT-ish
- Mandatory iCal integration (i.e. must not save events/tasks to ICal)
- More than 2-3 windows
Features that would be nice to have:
- Some kind of synchronization so I can also use it on my Android
- Quick creation of tasks (i.e. I just type in "Resolve xyz tomorrow 3pm" and it automatically sets tomorrow's date and 3pm as the deadline with "Resolve xyz" as the task)
- Tons and tons of alerts, with repeats, and with the ability for the alerts to get to me in various ways
- Google calendar integration of some sort (so alarms can come up on my phone)
Basically I just want some easy way of keeping track of everything I have to do for work without spending more than a few minutes to deal with it. This is especially why I don't want something gantt-like, as the last time I tried to set something up with that I spent 30+ minutes on it and ended up only entering a few tasks.
If the best thing is not free, my budget is ideally under $30.