What are the options for a simple CDMA phone?
May 28, 2012 2:12 PM Subscribe
My wife wants a new cellphone but her needs are out-of-step with the market. She's looking for something very simple but the hard part is that we're on Verizon so it needs to be CDMA. Are there options?
posted by camcgee to technology (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Her needs are basically:
- Handles calling, SMS, and has a camera.
- Durable enough to last at least 2-3 years.
- Good battery life.
- No mechanical parts, or as minimal as possible (her last three phones were flip phones and she dislikes those because the hinge tends to wear out/break first).
- Does not require a data plan.
- Refurb or even a used phone is OK if it's in reasonable condition.
Unfortunately, we're on Verizon and they don't have anything that fits the bill. The best options that seem to fit her needs simple Nokia phone but the currently available ones are GSM only.
She's close enough to the end of her contract that switching to a new provider is a possibility and in that case I would most likely just buy her an unlocked phone.
Her current phone is an LG Accolade and prior to that she had an LG VX5600 and a Motorloa KRZR.
My questions are:
- Is there a CDMA phone we could buy that fits her needs?
- If not, what GSM phones should we consider?