My, what a lovely bike tire you're wearing.
May 25, 2012 1:46 PM Subscribe
Ways to repurpose bike parts?
posted by aniola to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (21 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
I volunteer at my local bike collective and we often end up with more stuff than we need. We use some of it, but I'd love to use way more. What else can I make with bike parts?
- belt from old tire + snaps
- planters from stacked tires (darn a wheel with tubes and use as the bottom of the planter)
- expired tubes as bungee cords
- wheel trellises
- Necklaces and bracelets out of spoke nipples, earrings out of chain links or parts of disassembled chain links or wheel axle springs, hoop earrings from ball bearing holders.
- Fold metal dork disks into business card holders.
- Put a clock mechanism and some arms into a sprocket and hang it on the wall by a chain.
- Cut the rear triangle off a steel frame. Spread bottom apart so it sits flat on the ground. Voila! Bike stool.
- Blow through city-style handlebars to get a trumpet.