UK citizen in US, divorcing, what forms to fill out?
April 2, 2012 3:44 PM Subscribe
I am a soon-to-be-divorced UK citizen (soon-to-be ex-wife is American) with a permanent resident card (expires 2019). Married in May 2007, came here September 2010, divorcing either this month or next. I'm moving to San Francisco end of May 2012. What, if anything, do I have to tell INS regarding my marital status? And which forms to fill out?
posted by slater to law & government (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
- Not been in trouble with the law, apart from a "standing violation" (got caught in the HOV lane, driving alone - no entry/points on my driver's licence)
- I will let them know about my address change
- I have a Virginia driver's license
- I have a social security number
- I am employed by an American company, and will remain so in my move (moving to their SF offices)