Toronto Art Director seeks job in NYC: What are the costs?
March 21, 2012 9:28 PM Subscribe
How hard will it be for me to find work in New York City in an Art Direction role with a boutique design firm or major news-media organization?
(Looking for a fresh 2012 / Canadian to NYC / Design approach, if possible)
posted by mistertoronto to Work & Money (3 answers total)
I'm currently working for a major media organization in Toronto, where I am the lead designer / assistant Art Director with a few national and international awards under my belt, and a few major projects, too.
I'd like to move to New York City to explore opportunities
- Want to know how long I can last with 30k in cash?
- What sort of salaries can I expect in the city?
- Will it be easier for me to be in the city to solicit Creative Directors?
- Are companies bent on hiring American? anyone more international?
- Anyone got the best link for visa apps / paperwork?
Me: 28 years old. Male. Cycle and transit more than cab. Likes to eat out, but capable to scaling back and cooking. Fine with living in a borough. Prefer to have my own place. No roommates. No need for parking.