Name that game: Snails

Name that game: Flash based snail edition!

Probably ten years ago now I played a lovely little flash (or shockwave) game with a little snail who cast out his neck, bit onto the ground and then swung his shell around to move himself. He was in an underground labyrinth, often trying to work his way uphill.

The graphics were lovely, and I have a vaguely french feeling surrounding the game. I don't know if it's because of the snail or if the menu was in french. I want to say that the word nautilus featured, but that might be me making things up.

Name that game!
posted by Iteki to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Saltacol.
posted by The otter lady at 12:50 PM on March 21, 2012

.... Although the snail moves differently than you describe. So maybe there's another French-language flash-or-shockwave game with lovely graphics and an underground labyrinth to negotiate....
posted by The otter lady at 1:02 PM on March 21, 2012

Bang on, excellent and thank you!!
posted by Iteki at 2:46 PM on March 21, 2012

Poor little Saltacol. I always saw it as a hybrid of frog and snail; it's a snail, with a frog's leg. If it smelled like garlic and gave milk for stinky cheese, it would be the stereotypical French food beastie...
posted by The otter lady at 6:43 PM on March 21, 2012

« Older After seeing the Human Bird Wi...   |  Please help me plan for a bach... Newer »