Help for first long distance flight & trip with baby
February 28, 2012 9:13 PM Subscribe
We are traveling in less than a week with our five-month old son to Austin, TX by plane from Philly. We are hoping to get general tips on traveling with a young baby, as well as some Austin-specific tips.
posted by dancingfruitbat to Travel & Transportation around Austin, TX (14 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
- What are the logistics of carrying all of the various baby supplies through airport security? We might have bottles, definitely will have a stroller, along with a diaper bag, etc.
- What are some tips for "traveling light" with a baby? He spits up on his clothes pretty frequently so we were planning on bringing a lot of extra outfits.
- Our plan is to get to our hotel by riding the 100 bus from the airport. Will this work with an infant?
- What are the most baby-friendly places to eat in the downtown Austin area?
- What are some good tips for getting around in Austin with a kid
- Are there any things that we shouldn't bother taking with us? Any items that are often overlooked but we'll be sorry we forgot?
- Weather forecasts say it will be very warm there (lows in 60s). Can we forgo winter clothing?
- Any non-horror stories of traveling on planes with babies?
Here's what we're planning on bringing with us (for a trip of 5 days):
- 10 onesies, 5 pjs, 5 pairs of pants, 10 socks
- a few disposable diapers wipes (we'll buy more when we get to Austin...cloth diapers seem like a bad idea)
- burp cloths
- lotion & baby soap
- bunny suit (serves as "winter coat")
- teething gel, tylenol, teething stick
- night lite