February 28, 2012 4:27 PM Subscribe
I asked a question awhile back about relocating to Denver. Mr. Anonnymoose and I just booked our reconnaissance trip for this weekend! Looking for current suggestions for a two-day itinerary.
I know I--and others--have asked a similar (but different) question previously, but now that we've actually set a date, I am curious whether anyone has suggestions for must-dos over this weekend. We will be in town over this coming Sunday and Monday. Since we have so little time, this isn't really a serious research trip--this is more of a quick visit to see if we like the flavor of the city. We will be staying right downtown, and want to explore that vicinity and the surrounding areas.
We want to try things in any of these categories:
- Brewpubs (we love beer) and interesting bars (is that brewery tour worth doing at all?)
- Museums of all kinds
- Places for brunch, lunch, and dinner--we basically like every kind of food
- Antiques-type places as applicable, the more offbeat the better
- Good coffee shops--the kind that offer a comfy, pleasant place to sit and talk or read in addition to sipping good-quality coffee
- Parks and gardens
- Record stores
- Any interesting historical tours or what have you (we love history and old buildings)
As you can see in my previous question (if you're so inclined), we also really like live music of various stripes. We know we can't possible fit one thing form all of those categories into a mere 48 hours, but we're just brainstorming. Assume that we are perusing the Westword and other resources as we compile our weekend dossier, but any suggestions for a "quick highlights" trip--specific to this weekend or otherwise--are welcome.