Where should we buy in London?
Short version: We're currently renting in Clapham (which we both really like). I work by Shepherd's Bush, he works by Tower Bridge. Minimum 2 bedroom with a budget of let's say £350k.
Long version inside.
We've been living in Clapham (near Clapham North) for a little over a year and would love to stay but it seems it will be out of budget for us to buy.
- We don't have a car (but we have a zipcar membership) so easy access to public transportion connections is a must.
- We really enjoy the fact that we are just 7 mins walk from Clapham High Street with access to lots of restaurants and pubs, along with a small market on Saturdays, and a small chain movie cinema
. Basically, walkable places to things to do with some variety.
- Niether of us subscribe to the "north/south divide" but it is nice to be relatively close to Waterloo/Clapham Junction as we travel out of London frequently to Surrey to visit family and friends and we already have friends in the Clapham area.
- I like that there are green spaces nearby.
- Each of our commute is about 45 mins each way. A bus and overground for me, a train for him. This has been totally acceptable thus far.
- Flat or house, doesn't really matter. New or old also doesn't really matter, but I personally dislike the look of anything that looks "council-house-estate-ish".
- Schools may need to be a consideration in the next few years.
Is this list so specific to Clapham that we should just concentrate in this area or are there other places you would recommend we loop into our search?