Mold? Mildew? Fungus? Pod Person?
January 23, 2012 11:29 AM Subscribe
Name That Infestation-Filter! What's growing on my in-laws' wall?
My in-laws own a lil' vacation home an hour east of L.A. Their L.A. neighbor watches the house for them in their absence. Recently, L.A. Neighbor e-mailed them a photo of SOMETHING which had begun growing on the wall of their kitchen. Photo of the growth can be found here
. Do YOU have any idea what it might be? Possibly relevant data:
- The growth is isolated to one patch of wall/carpet.
- The growth apparently crumbles into a powder/dust when touched.
- The growth occurred on a section of wall which covers a water pipe... however, my in-laws are adamant that the pipe in question hasn't been used in several decades.
- The growth happened after the house had been unoccupied for several months.
- The climate in that section of Cali (Riverside County) is pretty warm and arid most of the time.