Dropbox-backed note apps for iPhone/iPad
January 13, 2012 9:28 AM Subscribe
Can anybody recommend a good Dropbox-backed text-based notes app for the iPhone? I'm looking for the following properties:
- Notes should be plain text files, not wrapped in HTML/SGML/XML/RTF/any other crud
- it should be able to edit files not created by itself.
- It should support hierarchical folders, ideally within a designated notes folder in Dropbox
- It should store the contents of the nodes folder locally, allowing the user to edit them offline, and sync them with Dropbox when it next gets a connection; i.e., if it becomes useless without a data connection, it's not good enough.
- Being able to intelligently resolve conflicts between notes updated on the client and server (or at least not falling to pieces if that happens) is a plus. (If subversion and git can do it, surely personal productivity apps can.)