In a tropical country, very itchy rash or bite, no doctor for the next few days. Can anyone help identify?
Doubt I'm in imminent danger, but maybe knowing what this is would take my mind off the itchiness. I've been in a tropical country for a few weeks and have several bajillion mosquito bites, which is what I assumed this was until I looked at it. It showed up three days ago, it's raised and bumpy, and I guess burns more than itches: Pictures here
(sorry about the blurriness, not great at photographing my lower back).
Things that might be relevant:
- I've been taking antibiotics for a few months, with no signs of allergies
- No new soaps, detergents or clothes
- Haven't really walked through a lot of plants
- Was at the beach a few days before it appeared
- There are bugs EVERYWHERE
- All the other bites I have are behaving like normal mosquito bites
- I have cats here who go outside and then cuddle with me (they were treated with Advantage recently)
Also, besides cortisone cream and aloe, is there anything I can do? Thank you!