October 9, 2011 11:10 AM Subscribe
My (very) small office just got a new whiz-bang scanner that can scan stacks of paper to image-only PDFs. Ideally, I'd like to use this to do away with paper filing, but this is harder (for me) than it sounds.
posted by 4ster to computers & internet (10 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
Other relevant data:
- I can scan these files to a networked drive that I can access from my Macbook Pro running Lion.
- I'd like to make this as automated as possible.
- I need to be able to search documents using Spotlight on my Mac.
- I've tried DevonThink, but it tells me that the PDF i created on the copier "contains no text."
- Evernote can make the PDFs searchable, but I have to manually drag a box over the part of the PDF I want converted, which is kind of a pain, and I cannot figure out how to just select the whole document.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks, as always for your help.