I'm traveling to France on my honeymoon (huzzah!) soon, and I'm looking for advice on how to travel well and be comfortable abroad. We'll be visiting Ajaccio (Corsica), various towns in Provence as part of a bike tour, and Paris.
Some specific questions:
1. Will renting a car be necessary in Ajaccio? If we want to go out to dinner in town, will we be able to get a cab off the street back to the hotel? (We'll be staying here
.) Neither of us knows how to drive stick, so if we rent a car, will we be able to find an automatic?
2. What are the best places to eat a nice dinner (or lunch) in Paris and Ajaccio for a "wow!" honeymoon experience?
3. Any tricks or tips for internet access? We are renting a non-smart cell phone and have an iPhone but are very wary of a huge bill when we return. Should we just hunt around for free or cheap wifi?
4. Is there anything special we should be sure to bring with us for our bike trip that we wouldn't bring if we were in the U.S.? It will be 4 days long, about 20-25 miles per day.
5. Any special things to know about transporting and using gadgets, like a laptop, Kindle, etc?
6. Any general advice for newlyweds on a fun honeymoon in a foreign land or other specific advice about France and the cities we're visiting?