He's a Very Serious Food Nerd. I just like to eat stuff. We live in Manhattan and I'm taking him out tonight. Help?
Ok! So, I'm taking Dude out for a nice dinner tonight, just because.
He's really nerdy about food and cooking - only reads cookbooks, has opinions on celebrity chefs, grows his own veggies. I, on the other hand, will eat pretty much anything and know little about the Manhattan restaurant scene.
I need recommendations for restaurants in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. I have seen the NY Magazine editor's list
, and I can imagine all of the food itself is amazing. But they could be totally loud or totally crowded, which will make me batty.
He mentioned being interested in Co Pane
, but reviews say it's so loud you can't hear each other across the table. This is my backup though.
For your consideration:
* I'm willing to spend around $200ish, but less is better
* Doesn't have to be crazy upscale, snobby, or pretentious
* Does have to make him think of me as SO TOTALLY THOUGHTFUL AND AWESOME
* Can't be super crowded or loud - I want to relax and enjoy
* If reservations are necessary, they'd have to be open to me making one today