Tell us the name of your, your favorite Veg-e-ta-ble ♫
August 30, 2011 1:26 PM Subscribe
Give me your best simple vegetable recipes with only a few ingredients.
posted by benzenedream to food & drink (55 answers total) 254 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for the simplest most delicious ways of preparing vegetables, some might be so simple that you don't even consider them a real recipe, something along the lines of "veggies + novel prep method + oil + spices". Feel free to mention stuff that seems obvious, since it might not be obvious to everyone reading (perfect baked potato), or the veggie-impaired. Bonus points for weird vegetables. I have a lot of ethnic markets nearby but haven't explored the vegetable aisles properly. I'm fine with animal products in the recipe.
Some examples would be:
- Japanese yams steamed with sage, pepper and butter
- Cauliflower with nutmeg, pepper, and butter
- Steamed carrots with ginger, toasted garlic cloves, and olive oil
- Black beans with toasted cumin, olive oil, and pepper
- Chopped Snow peas, radishes, rice vinegar, olive oil