How to get XP desktop & OSX laptop to play nice in a LAN?
June 1, 2005 2:48 PM Subscribe
I'm getting an OSX laptop Monday after the keynote, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to place nice with my XP desktop.
posted by keswick to computers & internet (10 answers total)
and why is this in Times New Roman?
- What router would you recommend? I want something I can plug into my desktop that provides wireless for the laptop.
- Will I be able to transfer documents back and forth between the the desktop and laptop?
- Should I reformat my XP's HDs to an alternate format so the Mac can read/write? (FAT32, NTFS, whatever)
- I'd like to be able to just run the desktop as a headless box, so I can use my current keyboard, mouse, and monitor on the xBook when I'm at my desk. Suggestions?
- Would I be better off switching my XP box to a Linux box to accomplish all of the above? Any links to tutorials?