The Path to Male Hairstyle Nirvana
August 3, 2011 12:25 PM Subscribe
Hair styling pros and enthusiasts, let's once and for all illuminate the path to male hairstyle nirvana.
posted by Foci for Analysis to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (14 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I've never paid much attention to my hair so I:
* Don't know what type of hair I have (curly?).
* Keep changing hair stylist each month.
* Don't know what kind of products to use.
Generally I'm looking for tips on how to consistently get great haircuts as a guy (think "your hair for dummies").
Specifically I would like to know:
* How do you communicate with hairdressers to get the best results? What information is necessary for them to know?
* How do you find a great hairdresser who masters male hairstyling? Is there a difference between female and male hair stylists?
* How do I proceed If I want to get a new hairstyle but not sure what to actually get? Do I look at magazines, ask the hair stylist, etc?
Ultimately I would like to enjoy going to the barbershop and stop avoiding it like the plague.