Ideas for fun or luxury gift delivery for best friend in NYC
July 12, 2011 5:15 AM Subscribe
I'm looking for suggestions for a gift to be delivered to my friend in New York City. I'm out of the loop: what neat thing do all the cool kids in NY want these days? For example, I think Kiehl's was all the rage a couple of years ago, and Philosophy body washes before that. She is 30, single, lives in Brooklyn, enjoys good food and drink, likes fun personal care products, is very busy at work, is very hip, elegant and quite intelligent. I know she reads things like DailyCandy and Flavorpill (I had a look there but nothing caught my eye).
posted by mosessis to shopping (13 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite
Other possibly relevant things:
* It has to be a delivery of some sort, even if it's an email delivery of a gift certificate, because I cannot mail her anything.
* I'm looking to spend between $50 and $150 USD.
* I don't want to force her to use her (very limited) personal non-work time to make this happen. It has to be something that is either delivered to her and already useful (like lotion/soap or a food hamper) or a gift certificate for a place she could visit quickly - i.e. a certificate to a neat grocery store or accessories shop but not a full day treatment at a day spa.
* She has very good taste but is not into labels and would appreciate a super funky something over a very expensive brand name something.
* Her bar is so well stocked that I hesitate to buy liquor or accessories because I would fear she already has it.
Thanks for your help!