Edible gift for daddy
July 2, 2011 2:01 AM Subscribe
What edible gift can I bring my dad for a belated fathers' day gift?
posted by schmoo to food & drink (17 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
I am a keen cook, and like to make edible things to bring my dad when I go to visit him. I didn't send him a present in the post this fathers' day, so want to make something special to bring him when I go to visit next weekend.
- Should be something that can be made the day before and withstand a three hour-ish journey in a hot car.
- Can be sweet or savoury, but needs to be something snacky that he can keep in a tin and dip into, so not an entire dessert or main meal.
- Something like cupcakes or a savoury biscotti would be the sort of thing I am looking for, but I have made those for him countless times.
- He likes most cuisines and flavours, but is a particular fan of Middle Eastern cuisine. Also loves dark chocolate and nuts. Is quite adventurous with his tastes.
- Something sophisticated and smart would be good, as he can be a food snob!
I am quite an ambitious cook and can source most ingredients, so no restrictions there. Thank you for any ideas! For some reason I'm drawing a blank on this.