Help me find specific tips for keeping a notebook.
June 12, 2011 7:38 PM Subscribe
About 6 months ago (Decemberish), I read fantastic tips for keeping a journal/notebook. I've googled like crazy, but can't find it again.
posted by elliss to writing & language (5 answers total) 122 users marked this as a favorite
Here's what I remember:
1. It was written as 4 or 5 paragraph length numbered tips.
2. She recommended using it for everything from grocery lists to gluing in photos or mementos, saying that this would make it thick but that was part of the charm.
3. She recommended buying pens you like writing with and using unlined pages so you can draw or generally feel unrestrained.
4. She recommended writing freeform first thing in the morning for several minutes and admitted that she rarely reread these.
5. She mentioned keeping photos waiting to be glued in the notebook's pocket, but pretty sure didn't mention Moleskine specifically.
6. The post had several photos, of pages with a photo glued on and ones with super vibrant drawings.
It seems like this made the Google Reader rounds at the beginning of the year and I'm hoping someone else saw it. Thanks!