of video game news.
I'm having a hard time finding a good source for video game news. It seems that almost all sites either have way too many posts about unimportant things, or they miss covering lesser-known games, or both.
I'd like to hear about pretty much every game that comes out for every system (Wii, DS, XBox 360, PSP, PS3, PC, iOS, Android, etc). A lot of the time minor games seem to slip through the cracks with nobody covering them. At the same time, sites are flooded with dozens of posts every day that cover trivial minutia. I don't have time to read 300+ posts per week.
The ideal news source would provide the following sort of coverage:
- Major announcements - ie. "Nintendo announces new console"
- Before release, 1-3 preview posts leading up to a game - Maybe an initial announcement followed by a detailed preview article and/or trailer at a later date. But not a new article 3 times per week for each fact they can glean.
- After release, a detailed review with a trustworthy score - Of course scores will always be subjective, but some sites/reviewers seem to have not even really played the game, or sell their reviews to the highest bidder.
- Occasional continued coverage of major developments - Civilization 5 has a patch that adds hotseat multiplayer? Portal 2 is getting free DLC? Ok, that's good to know.
- Other very high profile news
At the same time, I want to avoid sites that have an avalanche of this sort of news:
- "We got 2 new screenshots of an upcoming game! We've added them to the 97 we already showed you."
- "Voice actor for famous character admits they've never played the game. We interview them anyway."
- "Check out this fanart we copied-and-pasted off DeviantArt!"
- "You know what would be cool? If someone remade [classic game]. Please?"
- "Man proposes to girlfriend using Mario or something."
- "We still don't know much about the plot of [game], but a bad translation of blurry cell phone picture of a Japanese happy meal toy provides a hint!"
I want to find a game news source with an RSS feed that I can read in Google Reader, covers all games and systems well, and avoids minutia and news that is irrelevant to purchase decisions. Ideally this news source would have 50 posts per week or less on average.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I know I might not get exactly what I'm looking for, but a best-match would be appreciated. Thanks!