Cool Grunion Runnings
June 2, 2011 7:02 PM Subscribe
We're planning a Caribbean vacation and would like to know what islands have the coolest biological critters and eco-tours. Bioluminescent algae
sound interesting, any other ideas?
posted by benzenedream to travel & transportation (7 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
1) We're both in good shape (30s) and can do 5-10 mile hikes. We would prefer to avoid overnight hikes and really isolated hikes due to medical conditions.
2) We'd prefer someplace safe with reliable food but don't want to hang out in a walled "all-included" fortress all day.
3) Snorkeling is ok but scuba diving is out. Neither of us are great swimmers.
4) We are not broke and can spend some money on guided tours if they are worth it.
5) We're both biologists so interesting evolutionary backgrounds are also a plus.
Mammals, invertebrates, and slime molds of interest all welcome. We are not avid birders (although fond of blue footed boobies