Give me your tiny noms.
May 7, 2011 5:16 PM Subscribe
I want your mealplans - your SMALL mealplans. Bonus points if they're brown bag, weightloss and special snowflake friendly.
I'm 5'3", 126 lbs, female, and burn an average of 1650 calories a day (according to my FitBit) - which makes losing the five pounds I've put on in the past 12 months a pain in the (slightly larger) ass.
Metafilter, I want your tiny, delicious and filling meal suggestions. I've got breakfast figured out, but need inspiration for 300-600 calorie meals, lunch or dinner. I'll also take any thoughts from other folks who've managed to work through the psychology of needing to average under 400 calories per meal in order to lose a pound a week, 'cause quite frankly, I'm feeling kind of grumbly about it.
* I'm an omnivore.
* High fat meals are fine.
* High protein meals are better.
* Carbs aren't explicitly restricted.
* High fiber or gas-encouraging foods disagree with my GI tract... so no legumes, raw veggies, apples, etc.
* Lunchtime meal prep equipment includes a microwave, fridge and hot water heater.
* I dislike sandwiches and will always choose hot lunch over cold.