Cocktail mixes for home-infused vodka
April 30, 2011 9:17 AM Subscribe
Cocktail ideas for home-infused vodkas: Strawberry, cantaloupe, vanilla-caramel, chai tea, tea with lemon and honey, bacon.
posted by arcticwoman to food & drink (22 answers total) 23 users marked this as a favorite
Tonight is my partner's 30th Bday party and we've spent all month making various infused vodkas (ok, some of them are suspensions (honey, caramel)) and we need some ideas for mix. They taste pretty good on their own - we bought super cheap vodka and Brita'd it a bunch of times - but still need to be put into drinks rather than just shot/sipped. Any ideas?
1) Strawberries infused in vodka 4 days, switched for fresh berries 4 more days
2) Cantaloupe chunks in vodka 1 week
3) Vanilla bean infused 1 week, a bunch of soft caramel candies added once the vanilla was done
4) Cinnamon, ginger, clove, pepper, cardamom, black tea, sugar
5) Lemon, black tea steeped over night. Honey separate, can be added if people want
6) Bacon steeped for a week, switched for fresh bacon 1 more week. Strained a bunch of times, still a little greasy (barf). We'll prob make this one into Caesars.
If you're in the Lethbridge Alberta area, come on over! :)