April 1, 2011 2:54 AM Subscribe
Writing Portfolios: WAT?
A bevy of questions about writing portfolios:
- How many pieces does the ideal portfolio have?
- Obviously, things that have garnered acclaim or achieved something are to be included. But say you've got space left over. What else goes in?
- Say a document has a weird format -- ex: I wrote up a detailed application for a client to win an award. Do I include it, or is it too esoteric?
- Is there an expiration date on a portfolio? (If I create things, and five years later I use them to apply for a job, do they still matter?)
- Bonus snowflake: you're hiring for a marketing/PR position. What do you want to see from them?
I guess it was just five... but thanks, MeFi.