this weekend taking place at the Embarcadero Hyatt. My question is a two-parter: (a) Where in the vicinity should we go for breakfast, lunch etc. on our relatively-short breaks? and (b) After things wind down for the day, where should we explore? More criteria to follow.
I've seen a lot of the previous visiting-SF questions, as well as the wiki section, but I figured it was worth the additional insight to ask another, given the semi-structuredness of our trip. I'd appreciate any "Previous" links I might have missed though, especially those applicable to our schedule or area.
Our hotel (also the site of the conference) is here
, very close to the Embarcadero BART station. We arrive Friday night and leave Tuesday night. Things we'd like to eat/see/do:
1) Breakfast and/or lunch spots in the area that we could likely get in and out of within an hour. Willing to walk, especially to escape fellow conference-goers. Is there a lot of street food in the area?
2) Possibly overlapping with (1)-- burritos. I hear great things. From previous questions, it sounds like we'd have to hoof it down to the Mission, and everyone has his own favorite
3) Again, possibly overlapping-- seafood. Here, we'd prefer a restaurant featuring fresh and local in a more casual atmosphere. I know Fisherman's Wharf is touristy, but I went there a long time ago and I seem to remember small seafood storefronts. Are they up to par in terms of quality, or are we better off elsewhere? Swan Oyster Depot sounds like a winner, if a bit hectic/expensive; anywhere else?
4) Beer. There's a Rogue-branded pub on Washington Square, which sounds intriguing. We'd also be down for brewery tours, or just beer bars with great pub-food menus.
5) Outdoorsy stuff. What's the best balance of natural wonder and proximity to the city? I've been to Muir Woods, but it was like ten years ago.
Again, everything but (1) can be anywhere in the city, as long as it's walkable inside an hour, or accessible via BART. Our plan was to walk whenever possible; are there good places to walk around? Places that we should avoid walking around? This mostly applies to evenings (after 5-6), since we'll be doing conference stuff during the day.