Okay. It snowed again today here in Boston and I've had it up to here
with winter. Between work, life changes, and this damn weather, for the first time in my life, I now understand why people would want to go do nothing for a few days on a beach, and damn it, I've earned this. I've checked out this
, but I'm kind of looking for the inherently less kid-friendly version. Specifically, all I want is to:
- be able to lie on a beach that's warm enough for a bikini
- read my trashy fantasy novels in relative peace
- and drink Old Fashioneds (MA has this crazy no-open-container-on-beaches thing and I'd like to find somewhere that doesn't)
- not have to worry about having to drive around town looking for food because hey, I'll be drinking!
- Keep it under 250$ a night? (I'm hoping to take advantage of last minute deals, if I can find any.) I could go up to maybe 400$ a night if I can con a friend into joining me, though.
- Trying to avoid immediate Miami-area if possible - my folks are there, and don't understand that visiting them != vacation or relaxing!
- Somewhere I can go ASAP, preferably by mid-April. I'm not limited to weekend travel - I could do a few weekdays instead if that makes it way more affordable/realistic.
If I could find my passport, I'd be in the Bahamas by now. I've dug around and can't find many all-inclusive resorts in the US except for this
and it's a little spendier and difficult to get to (far from an airport) than I'd like. And my only impression of Club Med is from lots of kid-friendly commercials, so I'm guessing it's not my style?
Seriously, you'll be my hero if you can suggest something. Anything!