Cheap accommodation in London

I just got offered a Work Experience placement at a big publishing firm in London - but it starts on Monday, and I live in Derbyshire. I need two weeks' accommodation for ideally around £300 or less. Help!
posted by Fen to Work & Money (9 answers total)
Maybe try couchsurfing? It is a slightly unconventional request, but I've helped out people in a similar situation from there.

Two weeks is quite long to request at one place though, you could split it between two hosts.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 7:59 AM on February 10, 2011

Take a look down here:

I'm not advocating it or any of the places on there, but it is what you're after, and plenty of places look like they're in your budget.
posted by Magnakai at 8:03 AM on February 10, 2011

The Hostel section here might useful
posted by fatfrank at 8:22 AM on February 10, 2011

I haven't used airbnb, but it's been recommended to me.
posted by monkeymonkey at 8:25 AM on February 10, 2011

I used and when I last needed a short-stay room in London.
posted by jb at 8:57 AM on February 10, 2011

Between Gumtree, couchsurfing (definitely use 2-3 hosts) and cheap hostels, you'll be fine. Finding short term housing in London is easy.
posted by turkeyphant at 12:31 PM on February 10, 2011

Cheers all for your help - I managed to find a good B&B, and it all went well :)
posted by Fen at 10:46 AM on February 28, 2011

« Older I've been tasked with finding ...   |  Roses are red, violets are blu... Newer »