When can I take a pregnancy test?
February 3, 2011 8:06 PM Subscribe
Clueless and confused: when can I take a pregnancy test?
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (17 answers total)
I am youngish, uneducated, and never got sex ed, and I'm afraid all this HcG ovulation talk that I get when I Google this question is way over my head.
- I'm 21.
- I'm not on birth control.
- I've used a condom every time I've had sex; the last time was 3 weeks ago.
- However, we were really drunk so I'm concerned we might have been Doing It Wrong.
- My period should have been here a couple days ago. However, it's always been irregular and I often miss one or two a year.
- I'm exhausted and my head hurts, though I can probably attribute that to stress.
- I have no adult life skills and am thus pretty damn nervous about the possibility of being pregnant.
Can I take a pregnancy test now, or would it be better to take it later? Most of the websites discuss the earliest time you can take it, but I want to wait until when I know it will be accurate. I don't have a lot of money so I don't want to throw down $20 for a test just to do the same again in a week because I can't trust the negative.
I apologize for my cluelessness. Thank you!