Cool storylines involving Eberron's industries/politics/economic disparities?
February 3, 2011 4:23 PM Subscribe
Eberron veterans! Help a DM (new to Eberron, not to DMing) out. I'm looking for intriguing plot hooks that specifically exploit two of the setting's distinctive characteristics: the treatment of magic as everyday technology, and the huge rich/poor gap (i.e., the extent to which the dragonmarked houses dominate). Share your stories, unused campaign hooks, or idle musings. Our preferred focus is role-playing, not roll-playing.
posted by AugieAugustus to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
If it matters:
- we're using 3.5
- we're not playing in the Eberron world; I'm going to import elements of Eberron into my homebrewed world
- no story hook is too subversive, dark, political, or baffling...but go easy on the goofy
- story hook suggestions from non-Eberron settings that seem suited to Eberron are also welcome
- in my setting, the gods are real and mostly—but by no means entirely—hands-off
- in the timeframe that I'm Eberronizing, dragons have mysteriously disappeared from the world (well prior to the Last War) and elves are just beginning their Obligatory Tolkienesque Exodus for other planes (immediately after the Last War)
- in our campaign history, the Last War is not a war of succession, but a transcontinental clash of cultures (human-dominated classic-fantasy kingdoms vs. a yuan-ti-dominated empire, specifically). There are other changes from the Eberron history, but these are the major ones.