What's this say?

Another Muslimgauze shirt translation!

There is a shirt which portrays this piece of Islamic calligraphy. It's not the same as the traditional Lion calligraphy that I've seen around - can anyone translate for me? previously
posted by FatherDagon to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

There is a basmallah in its head that goes to its hindquarters. I'm a bit ill with a cold today and am having trouble turning my brains around to make out much else, sorry.
posted by Burhanistan at 10:22 AM on January 14, 2011

Also, some searching reveals that it is actually a tiger, and probably done by Hassan Massoudy.
posted by Burhanistan at 10:30 AM on January 14, 2011

And I don't think google will be much help in finding a translation because my previous comment is already showing up in the second page of results for "Massoudy tiger".
posted by Burhanistan at 10:37 AM on January 14, 2011

The word God is reasonably clear in the area that forms the tiger's mouth, but the rest is really hard to make out. It's a very abstract piece of art. I've asked my Persian friend who's knowledgeable about Arabic poetry to take a look and will post back if he's able to make anything out.
posted by Paquda at 10:54 AM on January 26, 2011

« Older What is the healthiest way to ...   |  I am trying to get the Adobe C... Newer »