Tiny, Cheap, Awesome Philly Apartment?
January 10, 2011 11:25 AM Subscribe
One bedroom apartment in Philly--University City or Center City? Price, location, ventilation...
posted by zeek321 to Home & Garden (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I loathe hitting-the-pavement apartment hunting, and craigslist is failing me. Can you point me in the right direction?
Right now I'm paying about $700, including utilities. I'm living in a tiny efficiency with poor heating, mice, terribly clogged drains, and no garbage disposal. I'm not super picky about certain things. But I really want some other things, below.
In an ideal world, I'd be paying about $500. But I can't decide whether that's realistic in Philly, if I want to be safe walking home at 1am, etc.
0) One bedroom/efficiency (I did a weird thing once though where I shared a bathroom and kitchen. The price was awesome.)
1) Good ventilation/un-moldy. Is there a ventilation shaft in the bathroom?
2) Off the first floor, the higher in the air, the better. Would love a high-rise or even just a fourth floor.
3) Near a phillycarshare or zipcar car.
4) Near the Market-Frankford Line
5) Building is more or less safe, secure, and quiet.
Would be nice:
1) On-site management that will accept packages.
1) Square footage doesn't matter. I'll live in a shoebox if it has a stove, refrigerator, and a bathroom.