Looking for advice on my DIY framing project
January 3, 2011 12:32 PM Subscribe
I have a number of unframed art prints and posters, and would like to do the framing myself. What advice do you have for me?
posted by Afroblanco to home & garden (21 answers total) 26 users marked this as a favorite
I'm not looking to do anything fancy -- just simple black frames and plexiglass. In the past, I've gone to frame shops for this, but they're always really expensive, and this seems like a DIY-able task. I've never done any framing before, so I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. This could include :
1) Basic knowledge and instructions (and good places to find such)
2) Tricks, hints, protips, "wish-I-would-have-knowns"
3) Recommendations on materials and tools
4) Good places to buy materials and tools. I'm open to buying online or in-person. I live in San Fransisco, if that makes a difference.
5) ... anything else you might think of!