All the World's a Sunny Day - Oh Yeah!

Thanks to this post, I've learned I really love Kodachrome. I also love photos of 40s-60s American cities - the clothes, the ads, the old cars, the whole thing. Where can I find good Kodachrome prints of American cities - preferably ones I can have printed myself and/or reasonably buy?
posted by l33tpolicywonk to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Shorpy
posted by entropicamericana at 11:11 AM on December 30, 2010 [2 favorites]

You can always have a look though the library of congress as I discovered after seeing this a few months back. Quite a few of the collections hold no restriction on duplication and all of them are available in high resolution .tiff.
posted by Virtblue at 11:56 AM on December 30, 2010

In case you didn't know it already, Kodachrome will no longer be developed.
posted by onhazier at 12:46 PM on December 30, 2010

You can try to contact people directly through the Vintage Kodachrome Group on Flickr.
posted by oneirodynia at 4:40 PM on December 30, 2010

The trick is, Kodachrome is a positive color slide process. Any prints you get will likely not have the same depth of color and such as viewing the actual slides.

That aside, if you do a quick Google search for "kodachrome prints", you'll find many listings there.
posted by hippybear at 7:49 PM on December 30, 2010

« Older Were Carrie Fisher and Mark Ha...   |  Private room karaoke in Las Ve... Newer »